{Monday Morning}


Good Morning! As usual, first thing on a Monday is a busy time, sorting what needs to be done for the day and the week ahead and I can see that this week will be particularly busy!

Some exciting news that I got last Thursday was that my papercut whales (and a few other designs) were featured on Design*Sponge! which has led to A LOT of papercut whales being sold! I have already posted out at least 10 of the orders last week and will be making a dent in the others today. I'm so grateful to Grace for featuring my work as I really admire Design*Sponge as I think it always shows great work, in a professional & complimentary way.

Some not so exciting news is that after my feature on Design*Sponge I came across a copycat artist who created a blog post describing how she blatantly copied my papercut whale design by tracing my images from my etsy listing off her computer screen! She then went on to encourage others to do the same as my prices were too high and she also thought that papercutting was extremely easy. The tone she used suggested I have no skill and she came across as boasting about how clever she was for figuring out how to copy my design - I have been contacted by the copycat with a formal apology now, and would just like to forget the whole thing.

I would really like to thank all the support from my followers on Twitter though, for spreading the word of the copycat design & commenting on her blog post (which has now been removed) - I don't usually pay attention to such negative things as this, but people should not get away with infringing copyright and stealing designs/ideas!

Hope you have a productive Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, amazing how shameless some people are! I've been following your blog for a while and like the way you apply your paper cutting skills to hand crafted designs. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really pleased you received an apology, and congrats on the design sponge mention too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Jacqueline, its great to hear comments from people who have been reading my blog for a while!

    Thanks HannahB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed it all on twitter, the bloody cheek! It's fantastic that through social network that designer/makers have a voice, glad you got it sorted ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate every single one and will always try to comment back!