
My involvement with Japan has been ongoing since before I even visited Japan. I find so much about Japanese culture inspirational and it has had such an influence on my designs and my career so far.....so when I found out about the recent devastation that happened in Japan on 11th March I wanted to do something to help - personally and through Mr Yen.
I was recently contacted by Illustration Rally asking if I wanted to donate any artwork to their Ganbare, Nippon Project (translates to Don't give up Japan!) which is collecting donations to help the people in Japan and I thought this project was a great idea, so I will be donating all my remaining products from 2010, with 100% of the full price being donated (images below) and they will be added to the Ganbare, Nippon etsy shop soon.
Ganbare, Nippon was set up by illustrators Natsuki Otani, Lea Wade and Erica Sharp - any help you could give them would be greatly appreciated and there are several ways you coud do this:
- You can get involved in the Ganbare, Nippon! Project at Illustration Rally - submit your illustrations to show your support and spread the word (click here)
- You can donate a piece of your Artwork to sell in the Ganbare, Nippon! etsy shop (Please email: artwork-illustrationrally@hotmail.co.uk to find out more)
- You can follow the progress on twitter under the hashtag #ganbarenippon.
All the sales from the shop will be put forward to the Japan Tsunami Appeal and they are doing this through Just Giving. You can check out the Ganbare, Nippon! page to see what great progress they are making so far by clicking here and even make a donation if so inclined.

i really love these alice-themed papercuts!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Daria! ^_^
ReplyDelete