Hello! It's been a while since I have posted anything here on a weekend, but as I've had this weekend off work from Muji, I decided it was time to have a little visit to Ikea to replace a lampshade that has been missing in the living room for a while now.
While walking around all the showroom sections I was on the lookout for a nice plain lampshade, but got distracted - so I just had a long look around the lamp section at the end. After a long search (of comparing mostly white paper shades) I found the perfectly plain white drum lampshade, picked up the box and headed on my way out - well not before stopping off for some food and a bag of mini Daim bars to take home too!
Now I know it should have been obvious....but I bought a drum lampshade in a fairly flat box....and didn't even think anything of it. Anyway, I got it home, opened it up and was surprised that I had to make the lampshade up myself! Ah well, never mind it has given me something to do on my weekend off.
I thought I would show you the making up of it so you can see how easy it was to do (no, really it was! It has Velcro around the rim so you just have to roll it)
This is the before.... (a sad little cord and bulb)
How it looks as a flat kit...
...and this is the after!
It weird that the first post I comment on in your journal has nothing to do with your papercuts and stationery, but I just found your blog.
ReplyDeleteI love those lamp shades. I'm going to decorate my place too and planning a trip to Ikea. Do you still get good light with the shade?
Hi & thanks! You do still get good light and it really is as easy as just rolling it up ^_^
ReplyDeleteHow much was that shade? Its just the simple sort Im after, but it's not available on the website. I'm going to have to take a trip down to London I think...
ReplyDeleteHi Yviemarie,
ReplyDeleteSorry for the late reply! I couldn't find it on their website either, I just found it while walking round the store. I think it was under £10 though and very easy to put together.