For this weeks WIP Wednesday I thought I would show you what I've been working on....I've been creating a completely unique and one of a kind papercut for the We Are Raw exhibition. I was recently asked by We Are Raw if I would contribute a papercut piece to their 5th birthday exhibition and I said yes!
You can see all the other contributors here and all of the money raised from the collaborative artworks will be going to the local charity the Wood Street Mission, helping children and families that live in difficult circumstances.
I thought I would use this as an opportunity to experiment with my style and design something that is heavily influenced by Papel Picado - the traditional Mexican craft of papercutting.
Something else that I have been doing this week is taking photos of the NEW Mr Yen Letterpress gift tags! I have been planning to create these for a while and have finally had them printed and listed for sale here! I wanted something meaningful and simple so they don't distract from the gift they are attached to - but also enhance the gift giving experience by adding a tactile element. So you can now have your very own set of four gift tags, with a choice of either grey or white ribbon and all for a very reasonable price!









No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate every single one and will always try to comment back!