Hello!
For today's WIP Wednesday I thought it would be a nice idea to show you what I managed to get done on the laser cutting machine last week at Duke Studios (thanks James and Laura!)
I designed this piece the week before to test out using the laser cutting machine and while I was testing it out on paper, I used elements of the design on acrylic and leather too. Playing around with this machine and different materials gives me so many ideas for products....I think the acrylic would make great coasters and the leather would make great bookmarks!
While I was getting my test pieces cut, here's what I was given by Duke Studios - two small lasercut Duke logos. Don't they look great?! - I love the detail and the depth you can achieve with the laser cutter!
Lovely work!
ReplyDeleteLove the different materials, look fab! You'll be buzzing with lots new ideas now ;D
ReplyDeleteAmazing! That looks like it was a really interesting way to spend some time....I love the circles in the leather :)
ReplyDeleteI have always wanted to do laser cutting myself. Is it easy?
ReplyDeleteThanks la boom!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jax - I am! Lots of ideas for wedding products : D
Thanks Jules! ^_^
Hi Jo - Once everything is designed it's very quick and easy!