I've been planning and plotting how to go about a new project recently and have decided to just go ahead and start by trying to explain it. This is quite a lengthy post and I will be very impressed if you read it all!
The Idea:
I am planning to create 30 floral/botanical papercuts, which I will photograph and use to create a small publication. I will be documenting the entire process of this project, from initial research to the final document - making the process just as important as the final result.
For this project I will be sharing everything - from initial research, sections of my sketchbook, sharing some great links to resources, updates of the design and layout of the book, the book being printed and everything else right down to organising photo shoots and finding shops & companies to sell my book & papercuts.

The thing is though...I always put off starting things until I know every little detail is planned out, which I know always gets in my way of just getting on with things - kind of like making excuses to start incase it doesn't work out.
Well, I thought it would be interesting for you all to see the processes I use and go through...for you to see both the good & the bad...the ups & the downs...the success & failures and go along with me on this new journey creating my first little book of papercuts!
Well, I thought it would be interesting for you all to see the processes I use and go through...for you to see both the good & the bad...the ups & the downs...the success & failures and go along with me on this new journey creating my first little book of papercuts!
I want to work ways into this project where you can be involved too, as there are so many amazing creative people out there (yes you!) I would love for you to be able to get involved!
For this project I will be sharing everything - from initial research, sections of my sketchbook, sharing some great links to resources, updates of the design and layout of the book, the book being printed and everything else right down to organising photo shoots and finding shops & companies to sell my book & papercuts.
I hope you will accompany me on this journey and find it as interesting and fulfilling as I hope it will be!
First things first though....I need a name for this project and would love to hear any suggestions you have?
(P.S If you made it this far, thanks it means a lot!)

Mr. Yen Papercuts: From Inception to Completion.
ReplyDeleteProssively Papercutting
A Papercutting Artist's Journey
Cutting Edge by Mr Yen
I shall try to think of more.
Very cool, can't wait to see your progress, and good luck!
ReplyDeletePaper Petals?
Great idea and now you have to do it ;D
ReplyDeleteCan't help with the name as my brain is fried from my FMP but if anything crops up I'll tweet you ;o)
Thanks for all the great name recommendations Lorrie!
ReplyDeleteThanks Joe ^_^
Thanks Jax, that's partially why I just wanted to make a start and get it written down here ^_^ How is the FMP going?
off to a good start, will blog about the process soon. It's my business so that's good and scary at the same time ;o)
ReplyDelete