Monday Morning - Papercuts on Display

Hello - I hope you had a good weekend!

The past week I have been working on some orders for my stockists, while looking for more stockists - which has led to me thinking about how customisable papercuts can be stocked in shops. I thought it would be a good idea to have an example papercut, with some information about how I create customised pieces and what is available so I came up with the following setup...



I used an acrylic frame to display the papercut and a small piece of bent acrylic that holds the signage and information - I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner! I have contacted a few interesting places to stock my work and now I'm just waiting to hear back so things can be taken further!

In other news, I mentioned on twitter last week that I would like to write a blog post about "The Truth about Selling Handmade" well, what I have experienced and know from my first year of creating/designing on a freelance basis anyway. Now, this topic is really important to me and I don't want to rush it and then feel like I should change bits later, so I will be working on this all week and it should be up by Friday - I hope you will find it just as interesting and as helpful as I do!

Hope you have a nice productive Monday Morning!

2 comments:

  1. Jonathan, this is a genius display for your work and the information about it! Well done! This is also yet another perfect choice on your behalf that further echos the precision, the clean lines, the beautiful minimalism that is Mr Yen. Here's hoping more and more stockists jump aboard with your delicious work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your thoughtful comment Marnie, I really appreciate it! : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate every single one and will always try to comment back!