For todays WIP Wednesday post I've been working on creating a papercut design to be lasercut at Duke Studios - who I will post more about early next week. This will be the first of my designs that I will try out on a laser cutting machine, so I hope it works out and that I've done it right!
This design is made up of several leaves in a circular shape, with extra dots and spots added in between the leaves. As this is the first time I have created something for a lasercutter I don't know if this is too detailed or if little bits will get cut off, but I will let you know how it works out....now, it's time to finish it off and I will upload photos of it as soon as it's been cut out.



Good luck! I've had my work laser cut before - you get amazing detail with it. The downside, I found was one- that I didn't get to cut the design myself (I really do like cutting), and two - the burn residue. But depending on the paper thickness and the skill of the operator, you could have minimal burnt edges showing. In fact, with the picture you're previewing here - the burn residue might even be appropriate. An added charm:)
ReplyDeleteLaser cutting is...well, MotherFrickin awesome! I used the one we had at Uni as much as possible, lasering artworks, collages even raster cutting (different laser beem strengths to make up an image/photo). Hope all goes well for you!
ReplyDelete