I've decided to introduce this new monthly post as I will be focusing on creating and designing lots of floral paper cut art this year and I thought it would be nice to include some information about certain plants, herbs and flowers that I will be paper cutting so we can all learn something new along the way! (if you have any other information about this months flower, I would love you to leave it in the comments below)
Each post will be accompanied by a free desktop calendar that you can get by signing up to the Mr Yen Newsletter here and several images and information about each flower. I want the posts to be more about the images, with the information as a little extra - and as I've wanted to focus my designs on floral designs for a while now, I thought 2012 would be the year to start this. I hope you enjoy these posts and I would love to hear what you know about this months flower!
***
Flower Of The Month: January
***
Hyacinths are extremely fragrant and range in colour, from striking deep purple to pure white and subtle pink.
***
These flowers have a very feminine look to them - with a bold fresh fragrance and the simplicity & formal appearance of the flowers themselves, this flower has a striking impact.
***
It is said that just inhaling the intoxicating fragrance of these flowers relieves greif & depression
***
These flowers would make a lovely addition to any spring bouquet or arrangement where you want a strong yet feminine fragrance.





I think they are absolutely gorgeous. I love the smell of Hyacinths. I have never grown any myself. I seem to remember something about putting them under the bed, the bulbs that is!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, can't wait to see the new work. Also, I love the simplicity of your new blog layout, very elegant. :)
Lorrie
x
just bought hyacinths today in a pot to cheer up my house now the christmas decorations are down. put them in a glass container with white buttons in the bottom for a bit of interest, and because I love buttons too. when they flower they will smell beautiful, can't wait!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the compliments Lorrie! I love the smell of them too - I had some white ones growing earlier this year - but they stopped flowering pretty quick.
ReplyDeleteI wonder what putting the bulbs under the bed would do?
Thanks for stopping by Hannah! The smell of them cheers me up and they are a great flower to have in the house once Christmas is over ^_^
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete