Hansel & Gretel

This is the start of my Black forest series. I thought it would be interesting for you to see how I progressed, so here it is right at the start. This is the test for the cut out of the text and how to link it all together. I have also included some iconic imagery from Hansel and Gretel, candy canes from the house made of sweets and I think the typography is quite fitting too.
It also has a floral border that I illustrated but I haven't cut that out yet.
I first just wanted to see how the paper cut would work with the typography, image and the border connecting together.


Mr-Yen-Hand-Cut-Papercut

2 comments:

  1. this is going to be ace. who set the theme?

    more papercutters:
    i presume you know rob ryan's work?
    and jenny lee fowler (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jennyleefowler)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I set the theme of Dark fairy tales. Its for a competition brief that is closed now, but the theme set by DontPanicOnline was to create a postcard to be sent from "the Edge" and this is what i came up with : ) thanx for the comments : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate every single one and will always try to comment back!