{lampshade designs}

I went to visit Hannah Nunn (of Radiance Lighting) a few weeks back to meet her and to ask her for advice on creating my own lampshade designs. The following images are the lampshades that i have created so far and are still works in progress....... ( thanks for the components Hannah! ) I am also developing these ideas to create different typography based lampshades, which i will show once they are all done.

12 comments:

  1. Wow, these are lovely. Very festive/halloweeny - please do a cutout pumpkinesque one for halloween! Would look awesome.

    Your papercuts are really coming along, I like the typographic ones the most I think. Ace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I might try and do a pumpkin papercut if i have time! im so busy with university right now!

    I love doing the typography papercuts most and im trying to design and make some papercut Christmas cards using typography too ! : D

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look stunning. OOOOh the magic of light and paper! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks hannah, i think the yellow tinted paper gives it a nice warm glow : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to second how much I like the typographic designs. You could custom do any wording... The options are endless with those... Keep the creativity flowing.

    Jamie Brown, Co-Owner
    http://www.BrownsLampshades.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for all the nice comments! : D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for visiting my blog and for your kind words. Your blog is lovely too! I'm always interested in fairy tale designs so feel free to let me know if you're posting something or have a fairy tale item for sale - I'd be happy to profile it and your other work on Once Upon A Blog... (while I'll be 'following' your blog I rarely have time to read everything I follow so don't feel weird about letting me know you have a fairy tale focused piece). Looking forward to seeing the Red Riding Hood piece when it's complete! You do really gorgeous work. I'm a sucker for typography too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much TheInkGypsy! I will let you know when i make something new based on fairytales. I have some fairytale, papercut postcards for sale in my etsy shop right now - http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=25356490

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your Red Riding Hood lampshade would sell too, if you were able to produce more. Lovely lighting for Christmas pieces too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks The Ink Gypsy, I have a little plan for some lamps using fairytales that is in motion at the moment. If or when it works out i will let you know : D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous! Love being able to see the deer profiles through the cut outs of the other deer -- neat effect. Very, very nice, and I'll throw my hat it too -- these would sell nicely -- great eye candy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate every single one and will always try to comment back!