Inspiration Tuesday - 21 Inspirational Things

Hello!

Hand Cut Papercut Leaf Necklaces - in the shop now and more details given on Wednesday! 
This week's post is a bit of a refresher of last weeks post for my 21 Inspirational Things series, which for some reason has been deleted by blogger!

Due to the post being deleted, I thought it would be best if I just explained the idea behind the 21 Inspirational Things series again....It all came about due to my week without a computer (which happened at the beginning of this month) and what I found out while researching. I came across so much helpful and inspiration information that I wanted to share with you and so I thought they best way to do this would be as regular posts here on the blog - as the weekly Inspiration Tuesday posts.

So, now you have a quick reminder, lets get on to the post! Last time I only mentioned the first thing from my 21 Inspirational Things - but I think it might be more interesting for you to see the whole list. If there is something you really want to know more about or you just want to get more details about a specific one of the 21 Inspirational Things then you can just tune in for that post!

Below is the full list of 21 Inspirational Things and I will start next week with number one and work my way through the list over the weeks! I hope you will join me every week, but if not, I hope you come back when the post you want to read pops up!

21 Inspirational Things:
  1. Find inspiration in everyday objects.
  2. Visual thinking is vital.
  3. Think conceptually and concisely.
  4. Find your strengths and weaknesses - then use both.
  5. Don't sit waiting for the phone to ring - do stuff!
  6. Work fast and to a high standard.
  7. Invent your own style
  8. Entertain and communicate.
  9. Don't be seduced by technology.
  10. Create your own visual language.
  11. Understand the market you are going into.
  12. Have a basic understanding of the print process.
  13. Be aware of other illustrators and illustration work to see where you fit in or stand out.
  14. Create a lot of work.
  15. Make lots of noise and often - its the best way to get your work seen.
  16. Do your own thing and enjoy it!
  17. Ideas win over technique
  18. Experiment, a lot.
  19. Have a lively imagination.
  20. Be curious, passionate, determined and adaptable
  21. Be self confident.

4 comments:

  1. I need to print out your list.

    I have post-it on my imac: Don't be afraid of failure. I've been trying to follow it everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly, love the leaf necklaces, gorgeous.
    Secondly, excellent inspirational tips.

    Lorrie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Naomi - I hope to give some more details about each point every week ^_^

    Thanks for the compliments Lorrie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. C'est adorable. J'adore ! Merci pour cette délicatesse.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate every single one and will always try to comment back!