{WIP Wednesday}





{images above: papercut and hand drawn feathers, with a real feather for study & a rough design for a printed thank you card}

This week I have been working on new designs for some notebooks, postcard sets, thank you cards and decorative tape. All these new products will be released in the new year in my shop, with my Etsy stock slowly dwindling (as I am not relisting sold items) my own shop will get more & more products in!

I love the early stages of designing, all the sketching, collecting, photographing, developing & evaluating of ideas, this is definitely my favourite bit! As sales have slowed down now (because I can't ship outside the UK in time for Christmas) I have quite enjoyed this quiet time, to think about the direction I want to take my designs in the upcoming year. As I mentioned here before though, I know in terms of retail I have left this way too late to be thinking about Spring/Summer products in December, but this is the first few months I have been doing this, so I think I will let myself off. At least now I know how & when things need to be done by for 2011.

Since finishing University the time has flown by so I want next year to be as planned and organised as possible - so I make the most out of it! Speaking of planning and organising - I have been searching through years of clutter & 'stuff' that has been kept for years, yet not been used & it has all been squeezed into a tiny wardrobe in my bedroom.....and since I re-discovered Chez Larsson's blog I have felt the need to organize and sort all my things. As a warning to anyone wanting to do the same, I recommend that you only do small sections at a time, as I started the whole bedroom all at once and it was so overwhelming I needed to take little breaks, as I just didn't know where to start!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks to your tweet about that blog, I was organising all day yesterday! Sorted out the kitchen cupboards, just need to tackle the rest of the flat! Love the feathers, wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The feathers are beautiful!

    Sort and organize? Hmmmm .... maybe next year : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate every single one and will always try to comment back!